I. It is Acorn’s vision to create an exclusive investment platform for investors that will
- provide an alternative investment platform to listed equity portfolios,
- with less volatility, and
- a defined 5-7 year investment plan that will:
– generate long-term capital appreciation, and
– achieve superior internal rates of return.
II. Acorn will aim to provide investors with diversified exposure to:
- sustainable and profitable medium-sized enterprises,
- in fast growing industries in Sub-Saharan Africa,
- that have scalable business models to allow for exponential growth.
III. Acorn will endeavour to outperform similar investment funds through the applications of:
- selective deal making,
- superior corporate governance,
- strict risk management,
- active and diligent pursuit of leads in growing and profitable sectors that will provide exceptional returns while limiting risk, and
- alignment with key players in these growing and profitable industries to ensure constant deal flow of a high calibre.
IV. Acorn will allow active involvement from investors in the management of the partnership (through investor participation on the Advisory Board) and the underlying investments.
V. Acorn will actively continue aligning the team with key players in the private equity industry to ensure sustainable and strong deal flow is maintained.
VI. Acorn will maximise the gain from current low pricing and opportunities in the markets.
VII. Acorn will provide accurate and relevant reporting and investment analysis of the highest standard to the investors on a quarterly basis.